Jobs & Careers
Please apply exclusively by email to: email@example.com
At our school, there is a special focus on an international orientation and the MINT / art perspective. We see an internationally oriented school education and an interdisciplinary MINT perspective as an opportunity to prepare our students for the demands and challenges of an ever-increasing complexity in society and for a globalized world.
Our mission statement
The idea of a comprehensive, solid mathematical and scientific education for all students is the guiding principle of our work. Climate change, energy and resource efficiency, health or demographic change - these and many other issues can be researched and solved by MINT. We are convinced that the major problems of the 21st century require a sound scientific education for adolescents more than ever. An education that enables our students to recognize, understand, explain and critically evaluate scientific phenomena and technical problems in everyday life and also to draw conclusions for their own actions.
- State examination or a teaching qualification recognized as equivalent in Berlin (teachers with a completed state examination for teaching at grammar schools, teachers with specialist training in two subjects, teachers with a master’s degree in pedagogy)
- Even if you have not completed a teacher training course, you can apply for a position as a teacher with us under certain conditions (diploma, master’s or magister’s degree obtained at a university or technical college and to which at least one subject at the Berlin school can be assigned )
- Technical and methodological skills as well as their varied implementation in the classroom
- Team spirit, flexibility and good project ideas
We offer you
- an interesting part-time full-time position depending on the subject combination
- Prospect of a long-term employment relationship
- an independent and varied job with a high level of personal responsibility
- the opportunity to bring in your own ideas and implement them
- Exchange at eye level thanks to an open corporate culture
- modern concepts for the furnishing system of the classrooms
- new learning models and their appropriate technical equipment
- a motivated and open-minded team
- an appropriate performance-related remuneration
We are looking forward to meet you. Please send your detailed application by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our application process
Learn more about our process: How do we proceed? What are the individual steps?
Every application is viewed
If you have applied for a specific position, you will immediately receive a confirmation of receipt from us. We look at every application - regardless of whether it is aimed at a position or was received as an unsolicited application.
If you have any questions about your documents, we will contact you immediately to clarify them personally by phone.
Application process in 5 steps
- In the first step we would like to find out more about you. Send us a detailed application with a cover letter, a curriculum vitae and, if necessary, other documents such as certificates etc., preferably online. Tell us exactly why you want to work at Mentora Gymnasium.
- Please be patient. We take the time to look through your application. We can assure you that we will get in touch with you!
- If your documents have convinced us, we will invite you to an interview.
- Now you are almost there: As it is not easy to make a selection, a second application round may take place after a few weeks. Here we go into more detail on various points.
- Searched and found: If we have found a common path, we welcome you to our team.
Mentoring to promote and retain new colleagues
Through mentoring, new colleagues are accompanied and supported in their personal and professional development in the beginning. The mentor is responsible for giving you an initial orientation at our grammar school.
The goals of mentoring include:
- Exchange of knowledge and experience
- Introduction to the content-related and organizational tasks at our grammar school z. B.:
- Media and school software
- Textbooks, teaching materials and their storage locations
- Specialist rooms and their equipment
- Conference rules
- School rules and emergency plan
- School program and school development
- School organization
- Project days
- Performance evaluation etc.