Before deciding on which type of secondary education is best for your child, make sure to include your child’s opinion in the decision-making process. There are various criteria for choosing a secondary school with the most important criterion being the right type of school.
Attending a "Gymnasium" has many benefits and under certain circumstances can be the right choice for your child. But before we get to the benefits, as parents you need to be clear about your child’s strengths and weaknesses.
We have put together a questionnaire, divided into four parts, intended to help you answer questions that determine if a "Gymnasium" is the right type of school for your child. The goal of this questionnaire is to not necessarily answer all questions with a clear “yes”. No child can do that. The goal is to use the questionnaire to reflect on your child and the requirements of a "Gymnasium" and to also prepare you for the counselling sessions.
- Is your child interested in school/learning?
- Does your child usually learn and do homework without being asked?
- Is your child proud of their learning performance at school?
- Can your child concentrate on a single task for longer periods of time?
- Does your child remember things well and easily?
- Is your child independent in pursuing their interests and hobbies?
- Can your child endure failure?
- Is your child persistent even when faced with setbacks?
- Does your child enjoy new environments, situations and tasks?
Vocabulary and expression
- Does your child have a good vocabulary?
- Is your child writing grammatically correct and speaking fluently?
- Does your child find it easy to correct spelling mistakes?
- Does your child read well and enjoys reading aloud?
Logic and understanding
- Can your child do quick math?
- Does your child know the basic arithmetic and multiplication tables well?
- Does your child enjoy puzzles and brain teasers?
- Does your child understand the context in everyday life quickly?
We hope this article answers any doubts you may have about sending your child to a "Gymnasium". Make an appointment and visit our school or take part in one of the regular digital information events. We are here for you and above all else, for your child.